For our health and well-being, proper skin care is as important as good nutrition and exercise. With that in mind, we have developed an aesthetic program that offers the most advanced skin care treatments and help with post-surgical camouflage makeup. Seeing an esthetician for skin care in our on-site Albany medical spa, Spa One, before and after any cosmetic or surgical procedure can enhance your postoperative results.
Would you like to find out about our complete offering of medical spa services and facials at our Albany facility? Request a free cosmetic consultationRequest a free cosmetic consultation at Spa One, our full-service med spa inside The Plastic Surgery Group, or call (518) 944-2096.
Menu of Facial Therapies
During your initial visit to our med spa in Albany, a licensed esthetician will perform a thorough analysis of your skin and develop the best treatment regimen for your personal skin care needs. This treatment plan can include both professional treatments and home skin care products. Our rejuvenating facial therapies include:
- Chemical Peel: An accelerated form of exfoliation perfected to improve the quality and appearance of skin. This treatment can reduce the appearance of fine lines, acne scarring, discoloration, and precancerous lesions. The estheticians have available to them several different types of peeling agents, and your peel will be customized to meet your individual needs.
- Microdermabrasion: With or without the use of micro-crystals, this form of exfoliation improves skin texture and appearance while stimulating collagen production. Acne scars, age spots, and fine lines can become less obvious. Skin will feel softer and smoother, and become more youthful looking.
- Micro-Dual Peeling: This treatment includes microdermabrasion followed by the application of AHAs, salicylic acid, or Jessner's solutions. Multiple treatments are comparable to a deeper TCA peel, without the extended downtime.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage: This healing therapy is designed to promote the normal healthy functioning of the lymphatic system in the face and neck. We recommend the treatment's rejuvenating properties before and after cosmetic surgery and laser resurfacing to maintain healthy skin and minimize fluid retention, acne, and rosacea.
- Laser Hair Reduction: Repeated treatments can result in a permanent reduction in the amount of re-growth of visible hair.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL): Using specifically selected wavelengths of light, this treatment can improve skin discoloration, even out the skin's texture, and smooth fine lines and wrinkles, all without discomfort or downtime.