Skin Care Products
We're proud to offer you a complete range of superior products to enhance your personal skin care regimen. Our Albany medical spa is staffed by experienced estheticians who are ready to explain the benefits of each of these skin care products and the many others available.
To find out more about the skin care products we offer, request a free consultationrequest a free consultation at The Skin Care Center inside The Plastic Surgery Group or call (518) 438-0505.
Meet Our Surgeons
Meet the expertly trained Albany plastic
surgeons at The Plastic Surgery Group,
serving the Schenectady, Saratoga Springs,
Utica, and Albany area of New York.
Meet Our Surgeons
Meet the expertly trained Albany plastic surgeons at The Plastic Surgery Group, serving the Schenectady, Saratoga Springs, Utica, and Albany area of New York.
Request Your Consultation
VitaMedica® nutraceuticals provide nutritional support to speed wound healing, prevent infection, minimize inflammation, and reduce bruising following cosmetic surgery procedures and medical spa treatments.
Professional Skin Care Products
The following professional skin care product lines are available for purchase in Albany at The Skin Care Center:
- Obagi Nu-Derm® and Obagi-C® Rx Systems
- PCA SKIN®
- Skin Medica
We take the health and beauty of your skin as seriously as you do. Whether you've had a surgical procedure, a non-surgical treatment, or just want to care for your skin, sun protection is vital.
Why do you need it?
We all know that exposure to the sun can be harmful to the skin. Here are a just few important reasons why you should take sun protection seriously:
- Sun exposure causes 90% of wrinkles, while aging causes just 10%.
- The primary cause of skin cancer is exposure to ultraviolet light (UV). 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer over a lifetime.
- It takes only 1 severe burn during childhood to double the risk of skin cancer in adulthood.
- In the United States, 1 person dies of melanoma every hour.
What can I do to protect myself?
It's important to use sunscreen whenever you are outdoors. Keep in mind the following precautions before you head outdoors:
- UV rays are hazardous on cloudy and hazy days, as well as bright and sunny days, so make sure to apply sunscreen.
- The hours between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm are the most hazardous for UV exposure.
- Remember to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours or more - especially if you're surfing or swimming.
- A thin, white cotton shirt has a sun protection factor (SPF) of only about 7.
- There's no such thing as all-day protection, even if your sunscreen is waterproof.
- Before going in the sun, grab a hat and sunglasses...don't underestimate their protection.
- Be aware that surfaces such as sand, water, concrete, and snow reflect up to 85% of damaging UV rays; 80% can pass through cloud cover, haze, and fog.
What sunscreens do you recommend?
At The Plastic Surgery Group, we offer a variety of SkinMedica®, SkinCeuticals® and Obagi® products. They all provide protection from UVA rays, which are responsible for premature signs of aging, and UVB rays, which cause sunburn and may contribute to the development of skin cancer. We can help you choose the products that will best fit your lifestyle and your individual skin care needs.
- SkinMedica® Environmental Defense Sunscreen™ SPF 50+ - This water-resistant, PABA-free sunscreen provides UVA and UVB protection with UV ProPlex™ technology. Additional antioxidant protection helps prevent free radical damage.
- Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50® - This delicate-care, broad-spectrum sunscreen fluid with transparent titanium dioxide and zinc oxide is enhanced by artemia salina, a plankton extract, to increase the skin's defenses and resistance to UV and heat stress.
- Physical Fusion Tinted UV Defense SPF 50® - This broad-spectrum sunscreen fluid incorporates color-infused sunscreen technology to provide a universal tint for all skin tones.
- Daily Sun Defense SPF 20 - This daily sunscreen formula in a lightweight base provides light moisture with broad-spectrum coverage. Ideal for normal to dry skin.
- Ultimate UV SPF 30 Daily - This is a daily sunscreen formula with broad-spectrum coverage and is ideal for normal to oily skin, as well as problematic skin.
- Obagi Nu-Derm® Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35 - A sunscreen with 9% micronized zinc oxide and 7.5% octinoxate that helps to protect newly transformed, younger-looking skin.
- Obagi Nu-Derm® Sun Shield SPF 50 - A sunscreen that combines high UVB absorption and dynamic UVA blockage in an elegant, matte finish with 10.5% zinc oxide and 7.5% octinoxate. Non-whitening, PABA-free and fragrance-free for all skin types.
- Obagi-C® Rx System C-SunGuard SPF 30 - Prevents premature aging from UVA/UVB radiation. Protects skin radiance.
- Obagi Rosaclear™ System Skin Balancing Sun Protection SPF 30 - Provides broad-spectrum protection against harmful UVA/UVB rays while helping to reduce redness and blotchiness. Key ingredients: 15.5% zinc oxide and 2% titanium dioxide.