Every year, the Academy Awards inspire a great deal of chatter around the office water cooler, but they also stir up another kind of conversation: the one between a plastic surgeon and a patient. Over decades spent in the plastic surgery field, I have noticed a trend after each awards show of women seeking consultations for procedures that are inspired by their favorite actresses.
Have you ever wondered how Hollywood’s elite manage to look larger-than-life? The obvious answer would be seemingly endless resources at their fingertips, including personal trainers, nutritionists, and beauty teams. Also, let’s face it, many simply have great genes to begin with. But you don’t need to be on the A-list to reach this level.
Here are 5 of my favorite tips for those who want that Oscar-ready look.
- Go natural. Celebrities have a way of keeping us guessing, despite being in the public eye 24/7. They understand that quality plastic surgery results should be difficult to detect. They don’t want anyone guessing they’ve had work done. For example, many celebrities who want larger breasts opt for a subtle increase in cup size rather than an obvious change. If you’re considering breast augmentation or body contouring, our plastic surgeons in Albany are known for results that look natural.
- Try something new. Did you know that the same “look” you’ve loved for decades could actually be what’s aging you? Celebrities aren’t afraid to take fashion risks, try new haircuts, or explore the latest anti-aging treatments. You shouldn’t be, either!
- Consider BOTOX® Cosmetic. It’s no secret Hollywood loves BOTOX, and for good reason. It’s a safe, effective, and speedy way to look more youthful and refreshed by smoothing deep lines on the forehead and around the eyes. Be sure to seek an experienced injector in order to achieve a soft, natural look.
- Protect your skin. If there’s one thing that’s never in style in Hollywood, it’s a sunburn! However, no red carpet look would be complete without a little finishing touch, and a custom spray tan can be wonderful for that. Clients at our medical day spa, Spa One at The Plastic Surgery Group, tell us it’s one of the most uplifting components of their beauty regimens.
- Sculpt without surgery. In Hollywood, not everyone has had plastic surgery. But a lot of folks have used non-surgical treatments to get that perfect figure. CoolSculpting® makes it possible to freeze and reduce unwanted fat in trouble spots without surgery or significant downtime. The good news is you don’t have to be famous to enjoy the results. It’s available here at The Plastic Surgery Group!
If you’d like meet in person to discuss your cosmetic goals, I invite you to schedule a consultation at our plastic surgery practice by contacting us online or calling (518) 438-0505.