Things have been getting a little messy at Spa One at The Plastic Surgery Group. And that’s a good thing.
This month, we added Anesi Beauté’s Parafango Mud Body Wrap to the list of skin care therapies available at our Albany medical day spa. Parafango is a treatment that combines paraffin wax, mud, and heat for a purifying, revitalizing, and slimming experience.
Hold on — a slimming mud wrap?
You’re probably thinking that it sounds too good to be true. But there’s a reason my staff has fallen in love with mud, and I think you will, too.
The concept of a mud-as-beauty treatment is really nothing new. Spas have been offering mud baths, wraps, and other forms of healing mineral therapy for centuries! While the benefits of mud therapy haven’t changed much, the methods have evolved.
Here are 3 things you should know about the Parafango Wrap:
- This is not your everyday mud. You know, the kind that will be on your boots and in your car once our rainy season in Albany begins. No, Parafango is a combination of paraffin and fango, which is the Italian word for mud. In this case, the mud used is specially derived from thermal springs in Brittany, France. The sea mud there is rich in minerals and is actually used to treat various types of illnesses. It’s mixed with paraffin because the wax retains heat and allows the minerals to gradually penetrate the skin.
- Mud is more than skin deep. Mineral mud therapy eliminates toxins, stimulates circulation, and provides an overall feeling of comfort and well-being. It eases stiff muscles and is often used to relieve arthritic conditions.
- You will look slimmer and more toned: The Parafango treatment stimulates lymphatic flow in the body to flush out toxins and encourage the breakdown and absorption of fat. The result is deep purification, less inflammation, and a reduction in the appearance of cellulite. For more dramatic results, we recommend regular Parafango treatments, occurring about as often as you might schedule a massage.
Here’s what you can expect when you come in for your Parafango wrap:
- First, Joni Messineo-Wade, our licensed massage therapist, will use a special scrub to exfoliate and prepare your skin for the Parafango wrap.
- Next, she will use a brush to spread a generous layer of Parafango over your target areas, typically the hips, thighs, stomach, and buttocks.
- You will then be wrapped in a relaxing, warm blanket while the treatment goes to work.
- After about 20 minutes, the Parafango is peeled away and no rinsing is required.
We are thrilled to offer this unique therapy at Spa One. If you’re interested in making an appointment, be sure to take advantage of our latest offer. Through September 30, 2015, purchase 1 Anesi Beauté Parafango Mud Body Wrap ($95) and receive a free Quick Lash eyelash extension application ($25 value). Contact the spa online today to request your appointment with Joni.