With the incredible increase in the use and production of injectable dermal fillers, it can be challenging to determine which ones would best suit your needs. Whether used on their own or in conjunction with another product, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, our Albany, NY aesthetic professionals can create youthful, natural-looking results without the incision or recovery time associated with a facelift. If you’re an Albany-area patient who’s curious about which of our FDA-approved fillers does what, check out our handy guide:
These products fill out lines and wrinkles to temporarily reduce their appearance.
• JUVÉDERM® XC: JUVÉDERM XC is a gel filler that uses hyaluronic acid (HA) to smooth wrinkles around the nose and mouth, including nasolabial folds (the lines that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth), marionette lines (the vertical lines that extend down the chin from the corners of the mouth), and more. JUVÉDERM XC comes pre-formulated with lidocaine, an anesthetic, for a comfortable experience. Results can last for 9 months or more.
• Perlane®: Perlane uses HA to treat deep wrinkles around the nose and mouth. In patients older than 21, it can also be used to enhance the size and the shape of the lips.
• Restylane®: Like Perlane, Restylane also uses HA for instant smoothing and plumping of wrinkles around the nose and mouth. But it’s formulated differently and better suited to more moderate wrinkles.
• RADIESSE®: This filler is a great option for deep wrinkles, including marionette lines and nasolabial folds, and its results can last for up to 1 year.
These products add volume to areas of the face that may appear sunken or gaunt.
• JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC: JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is specially formulated to replace volume in the cheeks that’s been lost due to age. It provides a subtle, natural-looking lift to the cheeks to mimic the volume and fullness of youth.
• Sculptra® Aesthetic: Sculptra Aesthetic uses poly-L-lactic acid, a biocompatible substance, to increase your own collagen production in the deep layers of your skin. Its results can last more than 2 years. More than 1 treatment may be needed. Sculptra Aesthetic can be used to restore volume in the cheeks and other parts of the face to elevate, lift, and create a fuller, more youthful-looking silhouette.
Combining With BOTOX Cosmetic: Although BOTOX Cosmetic isn’t a dermal filler, this popular injectable treatment addresses lines and wrinkles of the upper face, including crow’s feet. At our Albany plastic surgery practice, the combination of BOTOX and fillers can create comprehensive results.