The board-certified plastic surgeons at The Plastic Surgery Group offer BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments to help women and men look refreshed and more youthful by softening fine and deeper lines of the forehead and around the eyes. Our younger patients choose BOTOX® as a preemptive measure to keep those first wrinkles away. BOTOX® treatments are extremely popular because they are safe, quick, and effective.
WHY SHOULD I GET BOTOX?
BOTOX can help you look younger and naturally refreshed without surgery by smoothing out wrinkles caused by facial muscle contractions. Common trouble spots (see illustration) include:
- Crow’s feet around the outer corners of the eyes
- Horizontal forehead creases
- Vertical frown lines between the eyebrows
Before we recommend BOTOX or any treatment, we will perform an in-depth cosmetic consultation. We will ask you to describe the improvements you want to attain. Then we will thoroughly evaluate your skin and facial anatomy to determine a treatment plan best suited to your aesthetic goals. For a more complete facial rejuvenation, we may recommend combining BOTOX with injectable fillers.
HOW DOES BOTOX WORK?
BOTOX is a purified form of the botulinum toxin that temporarily relaxes specific facial muscles that contribute to wrinkles over time. BOTOX does not fill in wrinkles like dermal fillers; it allows the wrinkles to gradually smooth out on their own. Although plastic surgeons typically do not use BOTOX for non-cosmetic purposes, these properties also make it an effective treatment for neck spasms, overactive bladder, and excessive sweating.
HOW ARE BOTOX TREATMENTS PERFORMED?
If we determine you are a good candidate for BOTOX, you may be able to have your treatment during your first visit. We will prepare a single-use vial of BOTOX to ensure that the product is fresh and results are consistent. This practice also optimizes safety by eliminating the possibility of cross-contamination between patients.
BOTOX treatments are performed with quick injections in precise areas of the targeted muscles, which are not always in the wrinkle itself. Because the needle used is so short and thin, patients typically find the treatments quite tolerable.
HOW MUCH DOES BOTOX COST?
BOTOX treatments cost $12 per unit at our practice ($450 minimum). We are pleased to be members of the Brilliant Distinctions® program, which offers discounts for BOTOX treatments.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECOVER FROM A BOTOX TREATMENT?
There is no required downtime after treatments, so most patients return to work or their normal daily activities right afterward. It’s normal to have tiny bumps that look similar to a mosquito bite at the injection sites initially; these usually disappear within a few hours.
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THE BEST BOTOX RESULTS?
For optimal results, we offer the following recommendations for our BOTOX patients before and after treatment:
- Do choose a trained and experienced practitioner who understands exactly where and how much BOTOX to inject for a refreshed yet natural look.
- Do avoid taking substances such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and vitamin E for a week before treatment to minimize bruising.
- Do keep your head above your heart for 4 hours after treatment.
- Do make sure you’re getting real BOTOX; ask to see the packaging.
- Do not rub or put pressure on treated areas for 48 hours after injection.
- Do not consume alcohol from the day before to the day after your treatment because it may contribute to bruising.
- Do not engage in strenuous activity for the first 24 hours after treatment.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THE PLASTIC SURGERY GROUP FOR BOTOX TREATMENTS?
- Only our board-certified plastic surgeons perform BOTOX treatments. They know precisely how much BOTOX to inject and where to make the injections.
- We are committed to both non-surgical and surgical facial rejuvenation, so you have the option of choosing the procedure best suited to the improvements you’d like to attain.
- We are a professional medical practice that is dedicated to patient safety and beautiful, natural-looking results.
HOW LONG AFTER A BOTOX TREATMENT WILL I SEE RESULTS?
BOTOX treatments result in a smoother and improved appearance that appears gradually within 3 to 5 days. Keep in mind that results vary between patients.
WILL MY FACIAL EXPRESSIONS LOOK UNNATURAL AFTER BOTOX?
When administered by skilled, experienced professionals, BOTOX treatments won’t affect your natural facial expressions or leave you looking frozen or plastic. You will still look natural when you smile or frown, just more youthful and refreshed.
HOW LONG DOES BOTOX LAST?
Results from BOTOX treatments typically last 3 to 4 months, although this varies from patient to patient. With regular maintenance treatments, you may be able to wait longer between treatments. This is because facial muscles, like other muscles in the body, become weaker when they are not used.